Friday, August 17, 2012

My Little Green Obsession Part 2


An interesting thing happened when I introduced avocado into my breakfast, I began to crave it all day long. I'd look forward to working one into my lunch and dinners. We are fortunate to have them readily available most of the year here in the local markets and that means I can experiment with plenty of ways to enjoy them.
They don't need much, maybe just a little sea salt, eaten scoop by scoop out of the shell, spread on toast, or with an arugula salad.

When the weather is hot though there is nothing better than Guacamole. It is a dish that brings to mind days spent swimming, grilling outdoors and relaxing in the shade with a margarita.  My husband grilled his specialty, crispy chicken quesadillas and I made the Guacamole. 


This serves 2, as a condiment to spread in the quesadillas but it can be doubled for more people.
2 avocados
1/2 lime
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small handful chopped cilantro
Pinch sea salt
Pepper to taste

Halve and scoop avocados into a bowl. Add lime juice and garlic. Mix well, leave a bit chunky. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, salt & pepper.

For me, the garlic makes it delicious. If you prefer to use less or leave it out altogether it is delicious too. Do what makes you happy and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment