Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Welcome Fall!

             
Fall is finally here and we have been celebrating.  My thoughts are full of apple pie, planting our Winter herb garden... and sweaters!!  Okay, I am mostly excited about sweaters.
 Ah, to be able to pull out those favorite sweaters that sit in the back of my closet all year long, curling up by the fire...heaven.  The nights are almost cool enough to need a light sweater, with my shorts, of course.



Every now and then I like to share a few things that I am enjoying at the moment, and it makes me happy to spread some blog-love.


We made this delicious carrot soup tonight, it was thick, rich and perfect for Fall, especially while we wait for the squash to ripen.  My daughter also made her delicious Fennel Biscuits, perhaps she will allow me to share the recipe with you soon.

Jen Altman's Chicken Rice Inspired Quinoa is seriously delicious.  So good in fact, that I made it twice last week and took it to the Sound of Music Sing-A-Long at the Hollywood Bowl last weekend.

This is on my to make list, I love Thai food but rarely make it at home.

These botanical frames from Terrain will make nice displays for Fall leaf collections don't you think?

We are planning a family trip for the Spring.  I'd like to go here and here but he'd like to go here and here.  What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment